As education becomes more of a national focus, early childhood education in particular has become of paramount importance. Child care programs like Dublin OH preschools and the facilities for daycare Dublin Ohio offers locals are critical to the future success of their students. Studies have shown innumerable benefits for children attending quality child care facilities, some of which we will discuss in this article before enumerating some important elements of quality daycare and preschool programs.
What Can Early Childhood Education Do For Your Child?
Choosing to send a child of three or four to a daycare facility is fraught with concern for many parents. Fearing that they may be creating attachment issues and blocking academic growth, many parents feel guilt about sending their children to daycare programs. In actuality, child care programs have been proven to help children develop greater independence, better social skills, and increased cognition. Not convinced? Here are a few stats to support it:
- Children in quality preschool programs have been shown through studies to have a decreased risk of grade repetition, special education, or legal trouble.
- Kids receiving quality early childhood education were shown in one study to be more likely to own homes, have jobs, and earn at least $5,000 more per year than a comparable group of kids who didn’t receive quality early childhood education.
- Besides making academic gains, kids enrolled in child care programs improve socially.
- Children participating in preschool programs grow up to be healthier and wealthier than children who do not participate in preschool programs.
Choosing the Right Child Care Facility
According to national statistics, a vast majority of kids spend some time in child care before the age of four. Choosing the right facility is critically important to the safety, growth, and future well being of a child. Here are a few things to look for in a great child care program:
- A great child care program has teachers and directors who have a firm grasp of child development. They recognize that children learn through play and exploration. As a result, they engage in developmentally appropriate practices that allow children to have secure, safe experiences with the world around them.
- A quality facility should be licensed by the state of Ohio. Unlicensed facilities should be reported to the state.
- Be sure that the facility you select is clean and hygienic. Does the facility provide cots for nap time? How often are they disinfected?
- If your child will be eating meals provided by the child care facility, ask for a menu. Be sure that the facility provides meals that are nutritious.
- Find out if there is a curriculum. If so, what is it like? Children younger than five can begin work on letters, numbers, fine and gross motor skills, and social interactions.
With those things in mind, seek a child care facility that can give your child a leg up. Now that UPK programs are more widely available and free, there is little reason not to provide your child with the best start. Read more like this.by