Are you struggling to get prospects to visit your website, even though you’ve packed it with amazing content and customer value? Whether you’re trying to improve SEO Salt Lake City business results or optimizing SEO for non-toxic candles in Virginia, following the helpful tips in this video is a great way to begin your SEO improvement journey.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization: the process that helps you create the kind of content that Google, YouTube, Yahoo, and Bing serve up to users. Optimizing your SEO means ranking higher, so you get more opportunities to be seen by prospective buyers.
Top SEO Tips to Rank
- Post consistently.
- Create a mix of short and long-tail keyword phrases (specific descriptions of your unique features) that your target audience would use when searching for the product you sell. Use Answer the Public or Google Related Searches (FREE) or Moz Keyword Search Tool (PAID) to help with keyword ideas.
- Start with long-tail keyword phrases specific to your niche, then broaden after you’ve established authority.
- Optimize your content for those keywords to rank higher on search engines
- Optimize your meta description: the snippet on the Google search results.
- Pay attention to your page structure so your content is easy to read and not overwhelming.
Take advantage of free tools and courses on SEO basics, including a worksheet to audit your existing website. Remember, SEO takes time but the journey is worth it.